Barbecued Snappy Pork Kebabs
This fantastic recipe calls for indirect cooking, with a prep time of just 10 minutes! What could be easier, ready made barbecue sauce and Italian salad dressing, combined with a few extra ingredients to make a snappy marinade.
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless pork top loin, cubed
- ¼ cup of Italian salad dressing
- ½ teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- ½ red pepper, cut into chunks
- ½ green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 ¼ oz. can of pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- ½ cup of barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of local honey
Preparation & Cooking:
In a large plastic zip lock bag, combine the barbecue sauce, salad dressing, honey, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce. Mix well, then add the pork cubes and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour (or prep the day before and leave in the fridge marinating for up to 24 hours).
Reserving marinade, alternately skewer the pork cubes with peppers and pineapple chunks. Grill over a medium/low heat for 4 to 6 minutes per side turning once, during the last 3 minutes of grilling brush the reserved marinade over the kebabs. Check pork is cooked and serve on a Kebab Rack for the perfect tasty meal, ideal with a side salad or rice.